So, you’ve got a pothole in your driveway or cracks in the asphalt outside. How do you fix them? Your first instinct might be to throw some more asphalt over it, but there are better options than that.
Here are the most common asphalt repair methods and how they’ll work for your home.
- Patching (or filling) – this is an excellent option if you have a small problem area that needs fixing. You only need to apply an even layer of hot asphalt into the pothole or crack with a shovel or tamping tool before it cools enough to settle. Patching is ideal for minor problems, but it takes longer than other methods to completely cool and harden.
- Curb Extruding: this is a less common asphalt repair method. It is more of a precautionary measure. It focuses on enclosing pavement so the sides do not get damaged easily and grass does not grow into the pavement.
- Slurry seal/wash coating – this repair option works best if you have larger cracks or potholes that need repairing. Mix a waterproof material with asphalt and apply it to the problem area before it dries too much. The result is a new, more protected layer under the original asphalt surface.
- Crack sealing – this method is similar to slurry sealing but is more specialized. You use sealant on cracks in the asphalt instead of potholes, with the same results. But you want to avoid applying the sealant and calling it a day; you need to leave it for at least eight hours before sealing to get the best results.
- Superpave is an advanced asphalt formula that uses more robust binders than normal asphalt for longer-lasting roads and parking lots. It requires specially trained contractors to apply and ensures you get a job done correctly.
Professional Asphalt Repair Services in Columbia, TN and the Surrounding Areas
Hiring a professional is the best way to ensure your asphalt is being repaired correctly. Most home asphalt repair kits and other materials will produce different results than a professional. So, you should hire an expert for the job to get better results.
Get in touch of expert asphalt repair service contractors at Tucker’s Paving today.